Hello, I’m Memory
I believe that people can change and heal and that I am just a guide to help people discover what’s already inside them. I believe in focusing on a person’s strengths, not just their problems, and using those strengths to enhance the healing process.
Although I’ve lived in Colorado for almost 20 years and love it, I am originally from Texas and am a Southern girl at heart. When I’m not working, I love hanging out with my husband and two sons, taking care of my houseplants and snacking on gummy bears and Reese’s peanut butter cups.
WHEN I’M IN THE THERAPY ROOM WITH A CLIENT, THEIR GOALS ARE MY GOALS. WHETHER THAT’S FEELING BETTER MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY, RESOLVING CONFLICTS AND IMPROVING RELATIONSHIPS, OR GAINING FREEDOM FROM ADDICTION AND/OR TRAUMATIC EXPERIENCES, I’M WITH THE CLIENT EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. I BELIEVE IN CONNECTING WITH CLIENTS ON A PROFESSIONAL LEVEL AND DEVELOPING A POSITIVE RELATIONSHIP WITHOUT JUDGMENT OR CRITICISM. MANY CLIENTS COME TO THERAPY STRUGGLING TO SURVIVE, AND I ENJOY HELPING THEM TO SEE THAT THRIVING REALLY IS POSSIBLE!
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology from The University of Memphis in 2002
- Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (emphasis in play therapy) from Regis University in 2019
- Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate (CO #LPCC.0016730)
- Level II Certified Addiction Specialist since 2005 (CO #ACC.0996344)
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional since 2021
- CBT and TF-CBT
- Play, Sand and Art therapies
- Narrative therapy
- Experiential Therapy
- Somatic Experiencing